Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Anyone for more Turquoise and Lilac???

  Been trying to keep my desk neat and tidy... so it can be ready for use when inspiration strikes... and on the spur of the moment this morning.. used up the left over scraps and images I did yesterday to make the first card... here is what I came up with.... 
a reminder of the colors again....

a close up on the oval and the butterfly... the stamped image was a small swatch on which I experimented to see how the writing would look overlapped on the butterfly... and the turquoise frame is the left over from the oval I made for yesterday's card... lilac backing... another off cut laying on my desk from yesterday... lilac flowers are from Hero arts and tiny gems from Kanje Krafts & Kreations...

A close up on my tiny Hero arts flowers... you can see to thel eft the background butterfly and flower stamp I used to add detail to the turq off cut on the left.

 A close up on the oval frame... I ran the frame thru my wizard using my cuttle bug swiss dots folder.
I stamped the same background butterflies on the Kraft card directly with my Hampton Art lilac ink... it came up quite nicely... unfortunately the picture doesn't show it up well though...
Here you can see (I hope) that I 3D the butterfly... there was just something missing... so I thought this would finish off the card... and add a bit of dimension.


I added some Hampton art crystal glitter... you all know by now I love my bling... LOL

completed card in full... I've added another picture on a white background below... realised that the brown table top didn't do much for the card....

aah... so much better... you can clearly see the background butterflies stamped on the kraft color with my lilac Hampton art ink pads... I am loving these big time... they are juicy and ink up like a dream... well worth a try! also added some glitter to the small background butterflies on the turq off cut. looking at the pic now... I am thinking that the lonely turq gem on the left which is set inside a flower... is not doing it for me.. may add another 2 to balance it... will post another pic if I do... live and learn... LOL


thnx for stopping by.... hope you enjoying your Saturday... let's hope I have more time to be creative tomorrow

hugz
shamela ;p)

2 comments:

  1. Another beauty, Shamela! LOVE that textured, window frame on this one! Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx Jinny...i loved these colors together...

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment