I was amazed to find out that I had made it to round 3... now I am not sure whether this was a blessing or not...LOL... the next round was even more difficult than round 2.... I suppose this is supposed to keep you thinking 'out of the box' but it felt as if this week the lid on my box was firmly SHUT!!! Madame Mojo was AWOL ;-(
Anyway... a few attempts later... this is what I finally ended up with... lotsa writers cramp... and in my view an unsuccessful attempt at DOODLING!
Make a scrapbooking layout with lots and lots of doodling on it.
- Format 30,4 x 30,4 cm (12x12 inch)
- Minimum 4 photos
- No photo’s with people (foreground or background) or parts of people on them.
- You will have to add doodling ON 2 of the photos. (exactly 2 no more no less)
- Add a handwriten/doodled title directly on the layout
- Add a handwritten journal of minimum 20 words directly on the layout.
- All doodling must be hand doodled!
Not to be used:
- Flowers in any form. So no flowers on your LO. Including your papers and photos and doodling. You can't even doodle flowers on your layout. You can doodle anything else.
- Alphabet stickers, alpha thickers, diecut, punched alpha, handcut alpha, stamped alpha, punched alpha, alphabet using a stencil or any other alphabet embellishment.
Allowed: - Cutting machines and punches are allowed except for alphabets and flowers.
and finally this is what I came up with......
I've come to realised that I am a totally pathetic doodler... lol... its as if my brain shuts down when I have to doodle on a scrapbook page or card... ask me to doodle whilst on the phone and I can come up with the most amazing shapes and designs... of course done without thinking... it works... ask me to... formalize it... and its over with... so despite the fact that I think there is better inside of me... it refused to come out to play this week!
Close up on my very amazing doodling...LOL...kidding!!!!!
the word Bo Kaap was done with small zig zag pen marks closely together...
i did this last... and actually liked the finished look..
close up on my doodling onto my photos top and bottom picture... and more zig zag doodling below for the word Table Mountain
and finally the finished product.
The background was done on white cardstock. I sprayed 3 colours of Adirondack colour wash... I love this stuff
Sunset orange... (has to be a favourite colour) Stream and Red Pepper...
I wanted to acquire a bright vibrant background to depict the diversity of the Cape... we are after all a
mixture of slaves from all over the world who settled here... not of their own accord.. but that's a story for
Although not entirely happy... i am submitting this into the challenge in the hope that some one is going to vote for me... LOL..
that's it...for now... I finished 2 mini 10x10 booklet as well as a small canvas as birthday gifts for friends coming up... and once this has been delivered... i will post..
If I have time tomorrow, I will post my photos of the friendship cards I made as well... yes indeed... my craft
room has see stacks of action this week!!
until next time... remember... to.....
Keep it Krafty..............