Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A special 50th Brithday



One of my dearest friends has a special friend celebrating her 50th Birthday this week. When she asked me to make her a personalised card, I had no idea what her friend liked....she basically gave me carte blanche to do as I wished...


As I was about to score my card in half... I thought... OK.. why not make a gate fold card... and so a gate fold 50th birthday card was born...LOL...



Since this is a special 50th birthday card, I decided to use Curious metal card as a base, found this totally wonderful scrapbook paper in my stash which I thought gave a lovely ladylike soft finish. I saved the off cuts and used that for the embossed butterfly.


Stamped her name and the wording Happy Birthday in Versa watermark and embossed with gold embossing powder...phew.. haven't done that for a while.. I prefer the detailed embossing powder as one gets a much nicer cleaner finish... well worth the extra bucks... I also added some self adhesive pearls on a few flowers to add an extra bit of bling... 



I didn't know how I was going to add the number 50 to the card...and eventually decided to stick it onto a die cut butterfly and push the whole lot thru my wizard to emboss...finally using my butterfly cuttlebug die cut set...LOL... knew I would need it sometime... >vbg<... U know it was one of those just have to have's.... 

I initially printed my birthday poem onto a plain white page and decided it just didn't fit the part... so dove into my stash of patterned card and found this beauty which just fitted the part so beautifully... just enough pattern to still read the message. 


thanks for taking the time to pop by
hugz
shamela ;p)

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant card Shamela - I love how you added the 50 to the wings. So clever. TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is stunning,you have inspired me.i will try rhis one.
    love shireen moodley

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment