Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Distress inks and foam blending fun!!


OK...so I've been playing with my seldom used Distress inks and my blending foam pads.... yes... your fingers do get all dirty... but the results are totally amazing... I love anything torn, distressed or old.. so this is just up my alley!!





STEP ONE:


This is a plain length of cream shimmer card... I started out blending the Weathered Wood distress ink onto the cream  card stock. A inkssentials craft sheet is imprtant when blending, I'll try to explain, but its alot easier when someone actually shows you... lay your card across your craft sheet and blend with your foam pad running the foam from the craft sheet onto your card... this way... the ink covers the card smoother and blends a lot easier... you won't get those blotches of color on your card... instead it will blend smoothly..need help.. pop by and I'll show you how 'p)





STEP TWO:


 I added Vintage photo over the previous inking....try to cover areas not previously covered with the 1st color... you want to see some of the 1st color coming thru.







STEP THREE:


My Fired brick pad is very wet... so I really had to use a soft touch when inking the blending foam... and also when introducing it onto my card.


It's starting to take shape.. I am getting to mixture of colors I am looking for. 





FINAL STEP


I wanted to tone down the red a bit, so I added some more Weathered wood to the equation... 


I used this background on my Q R S swap we currently have on the go... I will load the completed project after the swap has been sent out to my group... I can't possibly spoil the surprise for those 13 ladies... so PLEEZ bear with me...


thnx for popping by...


with inky fingers


hugz


shamela

1 comment:

  1. I just love how the colours can be worked into each other. I did a LOT of blending on the wedding journal I finished recently - it was so much fun! TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment