Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some more pics of our school holiday programme



We did lots of new things this holiday.... we created the most amazing little booklet from scratch.... a great way to use up all your bits of card/paper and have some fun embellishing the cover. We opted to bind it with ribbon & fibres, but you can use binding rings or your zutter if you are lucky enough to have one. 

the side of the card is scored so your little book will close and open easily...please feel free to contact me if you would like to find out how to make your own booklet.  this can be adapted to any size ane even be made into a mini album, baby year book...the list is endless.  I'll post pics of my guest book also made earlier this year ;p)

TFL

Have a great day

hugz

shamela ;p)




Taahierah opted to use her name as the title for her book and because her name was too long for the cover, she decided to place the letters individually around the T - cool idea Taahierah... 




Ayesha wanted to use her book as a diary... her wording ":life is about celebrating the moments"  from Hero Arts was so apt for a diary... and this from a 7 year old...  smart thinking ;p)
I  allow complete artistic freedom to my students, so all colours, styles, setting out of covers are all their own ideas.... with a little bit of guidance from me...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Shamela these are lovely and the ribbon binding is so gorgeous - I'll need to see how that is done. Well done to your intrepid creators! TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello S, I love the fresh look in Blue. Great idea. The frame is a wonderful idea.
    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment