Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

P is for Petunia



So, I had this cute little Petunia stamp from Paper Inspiratons which I thought would just fit perfectly on an ATC. I wanted a watercolor finish and decided to used my Mungyo Aqua Crayons (these look just like wax crayons, only they are water based) instead of regular ink. I stumbled across this technique purely by chance after I received these crayons as a gift, I was busy with one of my Penny Black brush stroke stamps…the hydrangea.. which comes in a myriad of differnt blues and purples... I wanted a mixture of colours which I didn’t have in inks…I tried the crayons.. and they worked like a charm… >vbg<…live ,experiment and learn...


 

The technique is very simple: all you do is wet the front of the crayon in a tiny bit of water and transfer the colour onto your stamp. You have to work quite quickly as they tend to dry fast, but if you have a mini mister or soft mist like spray bottle – that will also work to wet your ink again. Do experiment on scrap paper first to find the right consistency of water to colour ratio. If you look closely you can see areas of white showing thru the leaves, this is the kind of effect you will get.. some areas will be darker than others... but if one just takes a look around us at nature... there are just so many different greens in one leaf... that is why I mixed 2 different greens here to get a varied effect.
Please do feel free to email me if you have any questions about this... and I will try my best to help over the phone or email. If you are in Cape Town, you are welcome to pop around and I will show you how ;p)





I first cut my white cardstock with my nesties and embossed it before stamping my petunia onto the oval….this way I could place the petunia exactly where I wanted it onto the card.  I inked the edge with red ink and sponged the background slightly with red ink -  the white was just too stark. I then cut & emobossed gold paper in my wizard with petite Oval nestibilities and finally layed this onto my green card which I edged with gold ink. Just for an added bit of extra I embellshed the centre of the Petunia with stickles. 

TFL

 hugz Shamela ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment