Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

70th Birthday card



After the "grand" opening... I have been working on a school holiday programme. It looks like mums are anxiously looking to keep their kids busy during the long school holiday... in the meantime... I have had an order for an A4 birthday card... I didn't have any A3 card, so I had to improvise... and believe me.. filling up the space on an A4 card is not easy... especially if the mojo seems to have taken a massive dive... LOL...

anyway.. this is what I came up with I hope the recipient of this card is going to enjoy it... 

Instructions:

I decided to make the card open like a book and used 2 sheets of Opale wove cream card. Scored down the side to ensure it opens flat. Because the order was specifically for a tulip design, I used an old Hero Arts Tulip stamp - F 3832 (small watercolor tulip) inked it with: Versacolor: 11(canary); 13(orange); 22(fresh green) & 42(lime). Overstamped image with Hero Arts H2365 Old French writing in Antique linen distress inks...a time old favourite stamp of mine.

I used an old Penny black H 2948 climbing vine stamp for the outside border inked with Versacolor 42 Lime and used my old favourite Glossy Accents and Hero Arts Prisma Glitter to accent the vines as well as the tulip.



To assemble I used orange card ran it thru my Spellbinders Wizard with the CB emboss A2 Victorian folder. layered tulip on orange, green & finally on larger orange embossed folder.

Wording is an inkadinkadoo  97904LL " A special card for a special person".



In a rush peel offs are a true life saver - # 70 gold peel offs & some body bling for pizzaz....; finally a bit of lace to finish.....



2 comments:

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment