Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Welcome Baby

hello everyone

I trust you are all well... if you are in Cape Town...I hope you are keeping warm and snug...there's an icy wind out there...

Last weekend we had a baby shower for my second cousin's daughter... she is having a baby girl... of course, trust me to wait half an hour before we leave to realize that the gift was not wrapped and that we needed a card for the prezzie too..

Anyway.. I had treated myself to a die with baby clothes and a pram n bib die so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try them out... of course being a girl... I had to cut out the die cuts in pink...

The background was stamped with one of my favorite Penny Black background stamps..in pink or course....... I layered plain pink and floral pink for the border - also pushed through my Vagabond to create a scalloped border.

I also embossed the baby grow with one of my Sizzix embossing folders - I used the argyle section of the folder ... and think the grower came out rather cute... to finish the grower I added some pearls for buttons and mounted them with mirror tape to create that 3D look. oh yes... I just hand wrote Baby and ABC on the bib and the bottle...in purple

This one really only took me about 15 minutes... and I also used up some of my off cuts which are at hand - I oganised them by color a few months ago.. and I must admit... they do save time when I am looking for a small off cut of a specific color. I will try to post my color co ordinated off cut drawers sometime... just wish I could find some drawers like these for my scrap book off cuts... there seems to be more and more of them after each project... LOL

Have a splendid weekend... and I hope to load something again early next week.

hugz

shamela :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness that's so cute! TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me earlier Shamela, so pleased to meet you in blogland!
    Love your pink baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello ladies...

    thanks for your kind comments... appreciate you stopping by

    hugz

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment