Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Printing in colour @ a cheaper cost

Hello everyone

I have a new color ink jet printer, now you may wonder what would be so special about an inkjet printer.....well this one prints @ a fraction of a regular inkjet. Have I got your attention now..... LOL..... It works with what is called a "continuous ink supply system" or commonly known as CISS.

I found out about CISS on a stamping group I belong to and honestly I have been searching for a printer but of course, I have pre requisites which are it has to be able to handle up to at least 300gsm card and it had to print cheaply... I have already binned a printer because the ink cartridge exceeded the cost of a new printer.

I was prepared to pay slightly more for a printer with the proviso that the cost of running the machine would be more reasonable than the average printer sold in our regular chain stores. The printers are cheap, but the manufacturer makes their monies on consumables.

Did you know that an average color knk cartridge only has about 3 to 4 teaspoons of ink and @what price? Next time you are shopping for an ink cartridge check out the ml value of ink you are getting for you money.

Anyway back on track, this printer printed 300gsm curious metal card like a dream. I was hooked!

Now the CISS comprises of an ink supply system of 6 x 100ml of ink which supplies your cartridges with ink. Refilling your cartridge only requires the touch of a button and voila! All done. The best news is that a 100ml of replacement ink only costs R100 per refill!

I invested in an Epson 1410 photo printer and believe me this machine prints photos with amazing clarity and quality and of course at a much lower cost than conventional cartridges.

I will add pics of my machine tomorrow but in the meantime....here is a scrapped pic I did with the photo printed on my new printer.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful info - thanks so much Shamela!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment