Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Supreme Scrap Tournament Round 2!

Hello there Blog Friends

Well... will wonders never cease...lol... I made it to round two.....and all I can say is Wow... this week's challenge over at the Supreme Scrap Challenge was indeed a 'Challenge'... at least for me...anyway... I am a distress ink girl.. specifically antique linen and vintage photo... and this was a NO NO as I decided to go with a white monochromatic layout.

Yep... transferring the idea in my head was indeed not as simple as I thought it would be... white on white.. can be kinda iffy if you don't have any texture... well my opinion anyway...

This is my attempt at the Monochromatic Challenge.

Picture Heavy post...sorry ;p)


I decided to use a photo of my daughter on her wedding day simply because I wanted to have something I could frame and use afterwards... joining 12 x 12 pages restricts one as you cannot put those pages in an album... and one of the guidelines was that the photo had to be black and white and partially on both pages...




I decided to go with Bazzil bling diamond cardstock.. which has a gorgeous shine - unfortunately I don't think the camera picked that up... such a pity...

the flowers came from the Hero Arts Hero Hues in whites and from the Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flower Garland die.

  1.  
The two pictures above shows a side view of the embossed layers of the top right hand side of my layout. 

  I simply love this Spellbinders border die... and use it all the time... 
You can also slightly see the word 'love' which I stamped in versa watermark ink and brushed some perfect pearls in perfect pearl over it... a soft subtle touch..


in order to achieve some sort of textured layers... I used an off white paper I had and per accident tore it -just decided to leave it at the angle... distressed the edges slightly and layered that as the base... then an additional pience of Bazzil Bling embossed and punched edges... over that a long strip of Bazzil Bling.. which I embossed and distressed . At the very top there is a strip of white ribbon and some pearls ...



this is a close up view of my background stamping... which was stamped in Versa watermark and embossed with some PSX perfect pearl embossing powder... its been in my stash for years... and of course.. I knew it would come in handy some day..lol..




At the top you can also see the Hero Arts chandelier stamp.. stamped in the same medium as above.. but I added some glossy accents and iridescent glitter for some bling



a close up on my photo and wording... the words are chipboard which I painted with  Matisse Iridescent Medium... this stuff is stunning... I sometimes mix it with my paints... for a gorgeous pearl finish...and of course.. I added glossy accents over that... cause I love the look...










and finally the finished page.... hope you enjoyed travelling through my monochromatic world today....

have a wonderful week further... and remember... to......

Keep it Krafty.....

Hugz

Shamela :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Shamela , I think you have found a new style for yourself as this is wonderful. Holding thumbs that you get through again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shamela!!
    Both your daughter and your lo are beautiful!!
    Have a lovely day!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra appreciate you stopping by to visit n leave a comment :-) hugz

      Delete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment