A few months ago my card group hosted a Steampunk Chunky book swap.... well ... I took the liberty of taking pics of my page as I went along... and today (cause I think almost everyone should have their books by now) I would like to share with you my contribution to the chunky book.
It took me days to create this... and it was indeed a labour of love... I had never done steampunk before... so this was a really big challenge...
I started with this scrapbook paper.... cause I love the ready distressed look it had.
Overstamped the scrapbook paper with the stamp below in brushed corduroy distressed ink
Then overstamped that with the stamp below in Memories Art Print brown.
and finally stamped the number stamp (cannot remember the brand off the bat) randomly in fired brick. This was my background.
Using my little distress tool, I distressed the edges as well as created a tear on the top and left side of the card and distressed that as well.
added some fired brick and brushed corduroy distress ink to the edges.
here you can see the opening I created with the tear - this was also distressed to match the sides.
completed distressed tear on the top.
I took an off cut of Kraft and embossed it with a brick embossing folder. attached it behind the tear and layered the background onto a black 14x14cm 200gsm card.
Apologies for the bad picture, I cut out Tim Holtz Alterations cogs border die with chip board and painted it first in black and lightly brushed over it with copper paint.
once dried I added some Inkssentials Crackle Accents to the gears I cut out which will eventually be layered under the top tear of the page. I also added the gears border painted in black and copper to the side of my page.
That's it for today folks.... I will be back later today or tomorrow with the balance of my page and the final product.
Have a stampendous day