Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A quick birthday Card with Tim Holtz Alterations

Hello everyone

Just a quick post today. I made this card yesterday for a new friend to our monthly card group. She celebrated her first birthday with our group and since she just moved to Cape Town we had to make her feel extra special on her special day.

I used my Tim Holtz on the edge brackets die item # 656625 on the edge of the card and ran it through my Bog Shot. Unfortunately my Bagabond just died on me 3 months after the warranty expired. So sad about that, but luckily I had a back up >vbg<. the edge die is a steel rule die which means you can cut almost anything with it. I love my steel rule dies!

I cut the edge of the card and cut another piece of scrapbook paper with the same edge, layered them onto each other. Added a ribbon and a sentiment which I stamped on a cut out off cut of card using my Sizzix Labels Fancy die set item # 657575. I just adore the look of these labels.

Quick and easy!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Sunday
Hugz
Shamela ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Shamela. Love that edge die and how you layered it.
    Hugz
    Moz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moz....I think I work best under pressure, made this in all of 15 minutes...and that's FAST for me...I tend to dwell ages on deciding which colors and inks to use!

      Delete
  2. Hi Shamela.
    Just wanna say hi from George!
    Your friend must have been so excited receiving this lovely card! I love the deep purple with the crisp white and the ribbon and pearls are just perfect!
    Have a lovely day tomorrow - I'm off to bed now!
    Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always popping in Petra... I always appreciate your comments.

      Your blog is wonderful....I want to become a follower and subscribe...so let me know when you've set up the subscription by email option.

      Hugz
      Shamela

      Delete
  3. I just love the curves on that die Shamela! Your new friend will surely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda

      Thanks for stopping by...always lovely to have feedback from a fellow stamper.

      I love my steel rule dies...they cut like butter through almost anything....one oils say I am a Tim Holtz junkie....just love the Man's creations and supplies!
      Hugz

      Delete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment