Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

O is for Oriental

I must admit...coming up with ideas for these alphabet letters is becoming a challenge...'cause before I come up with an idea... I've got to check whether I have stamps to fit the bill!!  Luckily I had just received my consignment from Hero Arts (www.heroarts.com) and just fell totally in love with this set ClearDesign: World Dolls Product Number: CL349 (A collection of dolls representing different cultures from around the world.)....


and I thought...wow... oriental looks soo cute...and that was that... O is for Oriental (set available now at Kanje Krafts & Kreations) contact Shamela @ shamela@mweb.co.za


I started out with my Opale Wove pure white 280gsm cardstock and stamped my lovely oriental doll with black Versa fine ink..... it is waterproof so there is no need for heat setting especially if you are going to use watercolors to color your design. She stamps like a dream... I used Sakura's watercolors to color her in and highlighted her belt and buttons with some stickles.
This was mounted onto a black off cut... just a very thin border. I used Red 300gsm card stock (which I stock in a variety of colors... for a 300gsm @ R2.50 per A4 real value for money) Punched out the corners and used my gold pen to add a gold border - You could easily have also stamped a lovely thin border around the edge as well - but of course... I was in a hurry as usual... and had to send my swap via overnight mail again!!! Finally mounted my lovely Asian doll onto the red card, hand wrote Oriental with a Black Sakura 3D pen. and attached a small red flower with a tiny bit of stickles to finish!

As an afterthought I realised I could have overstamped my Asian image with some Asian wording in perhaps a light color like Antique Linen Distress ink or a light shadow ink which would have added an additional dimension to the completed project.... Live and learn...LOL

hope you like

TFL

hugz

Shamela



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment