Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Circles and birthday wishes

The challenge on Outlawz Birthday challenges last week was:


  Each card must have a birthday sentiment on the front of it and the twist this week is: Ribbon or string and at least one circle. 


So it took me all week... and loads of sleepless dreaming... LOL.. to come up with this idea... I realised I had an old Hero Arts circle stamp... which I wanted to use... as it hasn't seen much ink recently or ever!!


this is my take on the challenge... 



the colored background is Kaleidacolor brayered onto gloss card. For shimmer I add some Perfect pearls... (colors of your choice.. have some fun!) and spritz with water... allow to dry... and stamp away!! as easy as that. 
I stamped the circled over the background with my blue brilliance ink. I didn't want to use black ... thought it would be a bit too harsh... anyway cut away from the circles and layered onto cerise card. Layered this onto lilac and finally mounted onto white card.

stamped my Hero Arts "happy birthday" sentiment and cut it out with my oval nestie

On the final picture you can see how I added some ribbon and gems to the side circles. the bottom of the card looked bare so I added the left over scrapof the background card and to finish added some buttons with some wool. I didn't have any twine that matched and preferred the texture of these fibres. I also used the fibres to attach the circle sentiment to the ribbon at the top.

I hope you can see the lovely shimmer on the background paper made by the perfect pearls.. this is really a quick and easy background to achieve. I tend to do a full A4 sheet of background to have handy, especially when I am in a rush!!

thanks for coming by... hope you have a wonderful week

hugz
shamela ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment