Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Artistic Summer Envelope swap


For my summer envelope I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do.... since I already used flowers for the Spring envie... I wanted to try something different... OK... so this curvy lady from the Great Impressions range was staring me in the face.... and I thought.. well why not... after all.... we have to be proud of our curves.... not so ladies...LOL....



I stamped Great impressions lady in bikini in my favourite Versa fine Onyx black ink... and of course had to give her a bright red bikini... I colored the images with my Hero Arts water color wheel... I'll load a pic of the wheel - it has 24 colors including an opaque white which is brilliant 'cause it allows you to lighten any color to create a pastel shade... 








A close us of my gorgeous lady.. with her umbrella which I cut out on my KNK machine... stamped with the bird image and added some stickles to enhance the umbrella

A close up of the Great Impression Straw bag which I stamped in red ink, and added some stickles to the flowers... I 3D the bag onto the envelope...
Admittedly this took ages to color... but I find it therapeutic... and enjoy playing with water colors... only wish I had taken art more seriously at school...my coloring could have been loads better...LOL

red lips, sunglasses and a blingy earing to match!


here are all my completed envelopes

I stamped a Hero Arts palm tree on the left side of the envelope and also stamped a great impressions straw bag and 3D it onto the envelope... I was amazed that the bags all survived the postal system...  to finish I punched out an image of the sun in yellow card stock and attached it to the right of the stamp. and oh yes... I used my chalks to create clouds at the top - not sure if it came out clearly on the picture...though

Thanks for taking the time to stop by

have a wonderful day!

hugz
shamela ;p)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You colored each of these individually? Fabulous job! I love that stamp too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello....thanks for taking the time to stop by...would love it if you left me a comment