Happy to be back with a mixed media frame I finished today.
This is actually an inexpensive A4 frame. My son broke the front glass and I was wondering how to use it so as not to waste the frame.
I decided to give the hard board a coat of Gesso (Claudine Hellmouth) and work from there.
I painted it twice with gesso and added some tissue paper, bits of Tim Holtz Tissue paper and also some music gold embossed vellum which I found in my stash. I used multi Matt medium to apply the whole lot in layers and sprayed it with Adirondack sprays in (the only colors I have: red pepper, stream, denim and sunset orange)
I let it rest for a day or at least half a day cause at this stage I though oh crap....it just looks like a huge mess!
I returned to stamp the heart and quote onto tissue paper with Archival ink in Jet black and layered it onto my base. Stamped a few of my stampers anonymous stamps directly onto the canvas with black archival ink.
Cut out my letters in chipboard with Tim Holtz Alterations die and painted it with gold metallic paint. When this was dry I used the black adirondack paint and lightly just added some color. When this was dry I added glossy accents crackle medium and left overnight to dry. Final layer on here was some metallic paste to fill the cracks.
On the bottom right hand side I added some texture with moulding paste through my new Tim Holtz stencil we got at the convention earlier this year as well as just next to the word live. Once dry I added some dark color with distress ink pads in black soot and brushed corduroy - brown.
I added some distress stickles with glossy accents to my stamped heart and to the heart die cut. I used bronze glitter from my stash for the crown and wings. The umbrella man is also cut out of chipboard and painted first with black, then gold and finally a smidge of silver adirondack paints. (Allow time to dry in between).
I added some distress stickles to the man and black glitter glue from Hampton art to the umbrella.
Finally I typed the words : with promise, with passionate and with pleasure on my computer and distressed the edges with Victorian velvet and brushed corduroy distress ink and added it with multi matte medium from Ranger to my project.
Stuck all the words and die cuts with my all time favourite glue glossy accents!
And that's it.
Hope you enjoyed this project.
Have a fabulous weekend and remember to make time to.....
Keep it Krafty......